Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Joomla users and how they interact with JSJobs

6 years 10 months ago #4786 by Ian Shere
Using, currently, the free version in case it matters.

I have added a bunch of companies to the Joomla user area as administrators. Those users mirror the companies which will be posting on JSJobs.

I want it to work this way:

An employer (that is, a company) logs into JSJobs. As admins, they have the ability to post jobs. I want them to be able to post jobs which are associated with their company and edit only their jobs (though I don't care if the can read only other jobs from other companies).

Logically, I expect it to work like this but it appears not to be. The documentation is inadequate in this regard and sheds no light on how to accomplish this. The companies I have created in JSJobs should be able to be linked to a Joomla user IMHO, but this is not the case; not that is immediately obvious anyway. Right now, there's no point in having multiple Joomla users as it provides no benefit.

How do I accomplish this? This site is meant to be live already. Thanks.
6 years 9 months ago #4815 by Ian Shere
So I found out this is only available in Pro.

I imported a bunch of users using J2XML - www.eshiol.it/joomla/j2xml/users-importer-for-j2xml.html - and they're all set to Administrator. I have all new users set to require a PW reset on the first time. One user has already completed this process successfully.

When clicking the "Select Employer" link, however, all I get as choices is the employer user setup by JS Jobs, and myself as Super Admin. Where are all the others? <shrug>

I'm hoping someone else has encountered this and figured it out as this site is meant to be deployed now, and support seems to be on holiday.

Thanks.
Time to create page: 0.152 seconds

Please publish modules in offcanvas position.