Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Cities in resume

9 years 8 months ago - 9 years 8 months ago #3515 by Ralph Peters
Hello,
we're using jsjobs pro.

In the versions of jsjobs before 1.0.9 in the resumeform there were diiferent adress fields (countries, state, city) so user could fill in every location. But since 1.0.9 only registered cities are possible to fill in.

We have a lot of overseas workers with locations all over the world. How can they use the resume fields now if they want to fill in places that are not in the list?

Any help is appreciated
9 years 8 months ago #3523 by Paul
Replied by Paul on topic Cities in resume
All the cities are there but they made some mistakes and the biggest one is the space that is missing between the individual words of a city. For example; Los Angeles = LosAngeles. And because the search cannot find any combination string of letters inside the words, when you would type "angeles" the city LosAngeles would not turn up. This gets a problem with a city like ThanhPhoHoChiMinhCity. People would only try Ho Chi Minh City and never find it.

I have a freelance developer and my own developers work on this component on a daily basis. So many errors, it's not even funny.

The boys who sold this too us are no where to be seen or heard sadly enough.
9 years 8 months ago #3524 by Ralph Peters
Replied by Ralph Peters on topic Cities in resume
In my version there are not all cities and I think it is not possiblible ( and it doesn't make any sense) to have all cities all over the world in the database. So I just try to understand what the developer of this featuere was thinking about locations not in the db? If it is not possible to use new names then it is just a stupid feature and I try to get rid of it. But this is a lot of work and beside of that there are many more changes to this extension to make it work for me. Not to mention the obfuscated code that take me days to adjust the code.
8 years 9 months ago #3881 by Hasnain Millwala
Replied by Hasnain Millwala on topic Cities in resume
Hi Daunentreu

I just started with JSJobs and came across the same cities and locations issue where all cities in the world cannot be populated. You mentioned you had worked on the code to modify it, I dont even mind location to be a text field, or split it into 2 fields one country (pre-populate from list) and one city (user enters no list)

Can you point me to who did this for you and how much can it be done for

Regards
Has
Time to create page: 0.144 seconds

Please publish modules in offcanvas position.