Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

help with jsjobs menu 7 search

9 years 9 months ago #3464 by abdul
Hi,
I have couple of issues I need support with ...
1. jobseeker or employer .. when they login... instead of going to control panel, they are directed to their profile page. how can i fix this to go their control as per their role?
2. I need separate main menus for employer and separate for jobseeker. If an employer logs in then he should be able to see only employer related tabs on menu. and if jobseeker logins then he should not see any employer related tabs in menu.also same for search .... if employer logins... the search box should search resumes and when jobseeker logins... it should look for job postings. how to customize this?

regards
Rasheed
9 years 9 months ago #3465 by Ahmad
Hi,

1. If you are using JS Jobs 1.0.9.x, add this url in login redirect
index.php?option=com_jsjobs&c=jsjobs&view=employer&layout=successfullogin
If you are using JS Jobs 1.1.0.0, add this link
index.php?option=com_jsjobs&c=common&view=common&layout=successfullogin

2. JS Jobs offer auto assign group to employer and job seeker.
You can create two group, one for employer other for job seeker.
Assign these groups at JS Jobs admin > Configurations > General

Now you have joomla group power, you can do what ever that joomla offer on group base.

Please write your valuable review JS Jobs and JS Support Ticket at JED.
9 years 9 months ago #3468 by abdul
Hi,

Thanks for the quick reply but I am not able to change the link for jobseekers or employer for the menu item. it is locked to
index.php?option=com_jsjobs&view=jobseeker&layout=controlpanel

also i am not able to add new groups .... there already seems to be these 2 groups in admin.

I am a newbie.. can you please give detailed steps.

regards
Rasheed
9 years 9 months ago #3477 by Nina Balslev
Hi Rasheed all other who have been fighting with the problem that after creating an account your users end up with their profile

I have been dealing with exactly the same problem that my JS Jobs users ended up with their profile after registration. It was rather useless for my users to end up with their profile. I therefore searched the Internet intensively and suddenly I found the solution.

Have a look at this link

www.mysysadmintips.com/other/web?start=38

You have to scroll down to this sentence:

Joomla - Redirection after user registration

I followed the instructions and it now works in an excellent way.

Feel free to use it

Best of luck

Nina Balslev
9 years 9 months ago #3480 by abdul
Hi Nina,

thanks for the help. I tried it but it didn't work so I downloaded a component which worked perfectly for redirection to different pages on login based on user group . below is the link
www.pages-and-items.com/extensions/redirect-on-login

however I am still having issue with displaying different menu for them based on user group
regards
Rasheed1011
Time to create page: 0.042 seconds

Please publish modules in offcanvas position.