Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

× This is the optional Forum header for the Suggestion Box.

RSS Job Feeds anyone??

14 years 9 months ago #518 by Glenn Whitten
Exposing an employer\'s jobs via RSS (Atom, whatever) would make it easy for Google Base, SimplyHired, Indeed, or anyone to subscribe to the feed.

I am very interested in supporting a feature like this. Feeds by category would be even better!

Regards,
--Glenn
14 years 9 months ago #520 by igetwork
Replied by igetwork on topic RSS Job Feeds anyone??
Yes, this would be a fine addition. In the future I was thinking about creating this using the FeedCreator class by BitFolge .
14 years 2 months ago #1058 by Joseph Johnson
Let me know if you start working on this... I just migrated from Jobline to JS Jobs and would love to add this functionality to my site... I\'m currently working on importing XML feeds from Yahoo! Hot Jobs, Simply Hired, etc. to backfill empty categories.

It would be nice to be able to push UNIQUE jobs back to these services, as well (creating more backlinks and exposure).

I haven\'t had a chance to start working on the latter part, but if someone has some extra time I\'ll set up a repos and we can get some extended modules going for JS Jobs.

Hit me up if anyone is interested in the aforementioned features, contributing to the development or if you would be willing to donate. ;-)

Thanks for your time and we look forward to hearing your responses.
14 years 2 months ago #1068 by Glenn Whitten
I am *very enthusiastic* about this!

The ability to create an RSS feed for some category of jobs is the most basic, fundamental functionality.

Additional flavors of XML (I\'d add Indeed.com to your list) would be worth supporting too.

I am willing to donate $$ NOW to support this development.
Time to create page: 0.059 seconds

Please publish modules in offcanvas position.